20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 12:11 PM by Matt Peneguy

SWW 2018 break out sessions

Nick Poulopoulos

Does anyone know where the links for the recorded break-out sessions are?

• Re: SWW 2018 break out sessions
          Jeremy Feist

it has typically been at least 4-6 weeks before they become available.

Nick Poulopoulos

Thanks to all for your replies.

Looking forward to the videos

Eric Anderson

I was able to watch some of the recorded breakout sessions earlier today but had to restart my computer and now the link to watch them is gone from the page!?

Rick McDonald

Looks like it is back online.

Peter De Vlieger

At least you can log in Nick.

I get a log in screen to the link provided by

LOL

so the confirmation email

yep, looks really professional  *stare*

<salty language removed>

So now I'm registered with 2017 but that doesn't seem to mean I can have access to 2018 because it still doesn't know me or my email address although I had to provide the same email address to register for 2017.

Way to go !

Rick McDonald

Peter De Vlieger

try the link I put in my response to Thomas.

https://solidworksworld.lanyonevents.com/2018/connect/

If it doesn't work, try without the /connect/

you can also try the link above and add login.

Matt Peneguy

That link brings you to the login.  I checked it and it appears there is no way to create a 2018 account...At least I can't figure it out.  Luckily, I got in a while back and created a 2018 account and can log in with it.

Here's the screenshot for 2017 login:

If I copy the link from 2017 and change the url to 2018, it brings me to the screenshot above.

Shaodun Lin, can you check into this?

Rick McDonald

Now that you mention it, that may be how I originally found/got to the 2018 link.  I kind of remember changing the 17 to an 18 too.

I'm pretty sure I had to make a login as well but I think I used my same 2017 login.

Then everything worked.

Strange that when I click on the link I posted originally, I go direct to the 2018 login screen.

EDIT:

Still seems to act a bit flaky.

While it was showing that it was logged into the 2018 site, I tried to see a presentation - it let me select the 2018 presentation and then when I tried to watch it, it kicked me back to the 2018 login screen, but with my 2017 login name and password selected - which failed and then displayed the 2017 login screen.

I tried my going back to the 2018 login screen and had to manually enter my 2018 login name and PW and then it let me into the 2018 presentations.

I think it's still a work in progress.

Peter De Vlieger

Flaky ?

No flaky is having making even users that are on subscription register for having access to information how to use the program better.

This is just FUBAR.

I've been around long enough to think about changing the url of the 2017 to 2018.

And guess what, as my screenshots shows, I still can't log in because i can't >expletive deleted< register in 2018.

The same images that Matt Peneguy shown, I had put in my post as well.

Shaodun Lin can you shake the tree and see if anyone can get those series of faults fixed because you'll be hard pressed to find webpages by even a mom&pop store that are anywhere near as Kafkaesque.

Let me recapitulate it for you or anyone it may concern :

There is NO 'Create Account' on the 2018 page.

If you look closely to the screenshots provided in my previous post you'll see that  I get an account notification email back that starts with 'SOLIDWORK WORLD 2016' to thank me for registering to SOLIDWORKS WORLD 2017. Which doesn't give me access to SOLIDWORKS WORLD 2018.

Can anyone explain to me why each year we need to make a new account and it can't use the database of the previous year to grant us access?

Can anyone explain to me why we need to make an account at all and it can't use the database of users that have access to the forum and customer base?

Can anyone explain to me why presentations that would help users be more satisfied with your product has to be shielded off from anyone by means of logins and passwords?

Matt Peneguy

Peter,

First off, let's be clear about one thing, I have nothing but respect for the SW team/s and people I see posting on these forums.  Whatever SW may be doing wrong, they appear to be hiring some top notch people.

But, to the point.  I agree about these presentations.  Even if I attended SWW I'm sure I wouldn't be able to see all of the presentations I would want.  I'd want access to them afterward to review and to watch the ones I missed.  I don't know for sure why they don't post all of the SWW presentations, past and present.

Regarding your questions, I have some ideas, but they are just that, ideas.  And I do agree with your sentiment, it should be more important to get the information out to us than the possible reasons I'll list below.

Can anyone explain to me why each year we need to make a new account and it can't use the database of the previous year to grant us access?

All I can figure is SW wants to know how much interest there is in SWW each year.  But, that information could be attained from page clicks or presentation downloads.  In other words, I think if this is the reason, it is rather weak.

Can anyone explain to me why we need to make an account at all and it can't use the database of users that have access to the forum and customer base?

I don't know, maybe it is as simple as my explanation above.  Or maybe the marketing people wanted to grab some email addresses.  It's probably the latter, the more that I think about it.

Can anyone explain to me why presentations that would help users be more satisfied with your product has to be shielded off from anyone by means of logins and passwords?

If this isn't also answered by my above answers, all I can think is that they want people to attend SWW.  I don't have anything to back this up but I also believe that's why they don't allow access to the full catalog of SWW presentations from previous years.

Peter De Vlieger

Matt,

It's because I care that it grieves me when someone somewhere makes a string of silly mistakes such as not getting this right.

Shaodun Lin

Hi All

Can you guys try this link:

https://solidworksworld.lanyonevents.com/2018/connect/search.ww