We were running the 2017 PDM Standard vault on Windows Server 2008 R2. Since I cannot run the Installation Manager to upgrade the vault to 2018 on this Windows Server 2008, I followed the process for migrating the vault files and SQL server settings to a new Windows Server 2016 as detailed in the online installation guide:
1) Installed 2018 PDM Server to the Windows Server 2016 server
2) Copied over backups of ConisioMasterDb and vault SQL settings to new server
3) Copied over backups of Archive server settings to new server
4) Imported backup settings to new 2018 PDM server
5) Changed file paths in registry to point to new server
However this process doesn't cover upgrading the vault to 2018 so while I can fire up the new vault, when I attempt to connect a client to the new vault I am beset with this error message:
which is odd because I thought that this process basically imported the vault files into the new server version. Obviously I am missing something.
So I was wondering what is the proper procedure for migrating AND upgrading the vault to 2018?