3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 9:59 AM by Alex Lachance

Quick presentation video

Alex Lachance

Hey,

I'm trying to make a quick presentation video (more or less a minute or so) on SolidWorks. The intent is to use the video as a display of the product to help generate ideas to improve the product. It'll be showed to our shop workers since they are not in front of the drawing as we are.

So I've been trying to do it within the DisplayManager using the View scene lights and camera pane. I'm using the Walk-Through feature and it's doing pretty much exactly what I want it to do but I'm looking for some tips on how to improve the flow of the video.

I'm trying to find a way to have it display some of the default views, perhaps have it transition between one view and the other.

I'm also trying to find a way to set a trajectory. I figured the walk-through was the way to go but the trajectory doesn't follow, it just switches from one place to the other. Is there a way to make a 3D sketch and have it follow that 3D sketch?

Any other tips welcome.

• Re: Quick presentation video
          Rob Edwards

Hi Alex

Im never good enough to create really nice videos, I have done some basic ones...  but yes you can position and target a camera with sketches. Here's an example of just aiming at the origin and following an arc.  You can specify the percent along the path

Alternately I just use a sketch point and drive it along the path myself.

• Re: Quick presentation video
            Deepak Gupta

Alex Lachance wrote:

Is there a way to make a 3D sketch and have it follow that 3D sketch?

Yes you can add a 3d sketch and use that as path. Here is one quick video SolidWorks Walk-Through Animation Tutorial

I'm trying to find a way to have it display some of the default views, perhaps have it transition between one view and the other.

You can also use the motion manager wizard to create a 360° rotation video also.

You can also save the file as eDrawings and use the animate tool of eDrawings which would display all views one by one with a nice transition from one to another..