20 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 3:40 PM by Kevin Pymm

All appearance icons saving as red?

Kevin Pymm

When I edit an appearance & save as a new one to the library, the icon is always red in SolidWorks 2018. The appearance applies correctly but the icon is wrong. These are custom materials created in an earlier version of SolidWorks. If I edit an existing SolidWorks 2018 appearance & save as a custom appearance then the icon appears correct.

Is anyone else seeing this, know of a fix or a work around?

• Re: All appearance icons saving as red?
          Oppelaar Dan

Even if I edit a SolidWorks 2018 appearance and save as a custom appearance it stays red ...

Anyone have any insite as to how to display the correct part colour in the icon?

Kevin Pymm

Also just noticed that the small icon in the feature tree is showing the correct colour but when I roll over it, I get the same incorrect image as from the appearance tab.

Kevin Pymm

Just to update everyone about this problem.

Received the following from my VAR today:

"Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your email and bringing this to our attention, from what I can see this issue is not currently on the radar of the development team.

We will investigate this further and raise this with SolidWorks. Just so you are aware, the process that this will go through to raise this with SolidWorks, it will be raised as a Software Performance Request (SPR), this will then be picked up by the development team who will then correct it within the software.

Best Regards

Fin

Fin Jackson

Applications Engineer"