AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks is opening and closing Excel when right clicking either a part or assembly in the design tree of an assembly

Question asked by Dan Lewis on Feb 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2019 by Dan Lewis

SolidWorks 2016 SP 4.0 is opening and closing two instances of Excel.exe and fxc_proxyprocess.exe (Foxit PDF, a software we use here) when right clicking either a part or assembly in the design tree of an assembly. The .exe will open and then close, during this time SolidWorks is delayed and unresponsive while the PC open and closes the .exe. If I right click another part the same issue repeats to "release" the previously selected part/assembly. So I get to wait twice when I right click an Item. I can watch this happen in the Windows Task Manager over and over again. It's frustrating to wait for this every time I need to work on a file, but it's not all parts and assemblies. I have not found a correlation to the ones that do and don't. It will happen on an imported part or a part I made or an assembly. I'm not the only user in my facility to have this happen too. This same issue happened in our previous version of SolidWorks.

Outcomes