Hello Chris,. ii dont have sw running...so it was a assembly cut?.. maybe a display state or configuration...or a surface?
Maybe you can post a screen capture for the issue you had encountered?
Paul and Shaodun,
Thanks for the replies,
Paul: I removed all assembly cuts from the file, and PhotoView still inserted a cut. There's only one display state (default) for all parts and sub-assemblies. Also, only the default configuration for all parts and sub-assemblies. I also went into each part and assembly and under document properties/Model display, enabled "store appearance, decal, and scene data in model file". None of this fixed the issue. Again, it's very strange because the part opens correctly, but displays an additional cut every time I do an integrated preview with PhotoView. Then the cut visually stays in the file until I close and re-open it.
Ultimately, what fixed it was making a new assembly from scratch importing all the exact same parts. Seems to suggest it was something wrong with the assembly file itself, just not sure what. But at this point it's not worth the time to troubleshoot anymore.
I wish I could post a few pictures, but the part is proprietary. Thanks for checking.
The issue is resolved, thanks!
How did you end up resolving the problem? I had the same issue posted here Photoview renders "old" version of assembly with SW2018 x64 SP0.1
I ended up saving new copies of the affected parts and replacing the components in the assembly and that mostly eliminated the problem. Even after all that there's still a visible seam where the cut used to be.
That does look exactly like what was happening in my assembly. I ended up having to make a brand new assembly, then imported each part and re-mated them in the new assembly. While remaking the assembly, I did a few integrated previews in Photoview when I had added and mated the problematic parts, just to make sure the cut wasn't appearing. Remaking the assembly is tedious, but took less time than troubleshooting this photoview issue.
*Note, I also tried dropping the old assembly into a new assembly, but that didn't work. Only remaking the assembly from scratch did.
Hope that helps