10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 8:03 AM by Kassandra Williams

Roll To Previous

Kassandra Williams

Is there a way to put Roll to Previous and Roll to End on a the feature tab. I would use that a lot but it is not quickly accessible. I have looked in the customize -> commands but i cant find it anywhere. I know it is in the edit pull down but that is not very efficient way to go through a part quickly.

I don't want to use the bar because it is awful to use. The grab area is just too small and it makes it hard to grab and therefore hard to use.

Thank you

Kassandra

• Re: Roll To Previous
          Matt Peneguy

Have you tried right clicking?

Glenn Schroeder

I couldn't find a command to drag onto a Command Manager tab (to be fair I don't have a lot of time to look right now), but you can set a keyboard shortcut for each.  Would that work for you?

Kassandra Williams

Well Roll to Previous is not moving to the function prior to it. Why would that be?

Matt Peneguy

Roll to Previous will roll to the last location the Roll Back bar was placed.  It means Roll Back to previous location, not Roll Back 1 feature.

Do you need to step back by feature or all the way to the top of the tree?

Kassandra Williams

Well both would be nice. I have occasions where I would use both, but back 1 feature would be used more.

Matt Peneguy

Sorry Kassandra, unfortunately, I don't see a method of grabbing the current roll back bar location in the API documentation.  If I can't get the current location, I don't know how to tell it to move 1 space from its current location.  I'm not saying it is not there, but I can't find it.  But, I'm not a real programmer, either.  So, you may have better luck asking over in the API/macros section for a macro that will roll the rollback bar 1 feature back and a separate one that will roll it forward 1 feature. If someone can create 1, the other should be trivial to create.

However, I was able to modify an example from the help to be able to roll the roll back bar all the way to the origin.  If it doesn't get it right to the origin, you can change the number in the macro to make it work:

Here's the macro (you get no warranties or guarantees).  Please test it on something not important until you are sure it isn't going to cause you any problems (I'm not sure how it would, but this is always good practice). Like I said I'm not a real programmer...I just play one on these forums sometimes.

Option Explicit

Sub Main()

' Delay in seconds

Const DELAY                    As Single = 1#

Dim swApp                      As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim swModel                    As SldWorks.ModelDoc2

Dim swModelView                As SldWorks.ModelView

Dim swPart                      As SldWorks.PartDoc

Dim swAssy                      As SldWorks.AssemblyDoc

Dim swFeatMgr                  As SldWorks.FeatureManager

Dim swFeat                      As SldWorks.Feature

Dim featFace                    As Variant

Dim swFace                      As SldWorks.Face2

Dim rect                        As Variant

Dim featName()                  As String

Dim timeNow                    As Single

Dim docType                    As Long

Dim i                          As Long

Dim j                          As Long

Dim status                      As Boolean

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

Set swModelView = swModel.ActiveView

Set rect = Nothing

Set swFeatMgr = swModel.FeatureManager

Set swFeat = swModel.FirstFeature

docType = swModel.GetType

Select Case docType

Case swDocPART

Set swPart = swModel

Case swDocASSEMBLY

Set swAssy = swModel

Case Else

Debug.Print "Open a part or assembly document, then rerun this macro."

Exit Sub

End Select

ReDim featName(0)

Do While Not swFeat Is Nothing

featName(UBound(featName)) = swFeat.Name

ReDim Preserve featName(UBound(featName) + 1)

Set swFeat = swFeat.GetNextFeature

Loop

Debug.Print featName(0)

' MsgBox ("featname" & featName(16))

status = swFeatMgr.EditRollback(swMoveRollbackBarToBeforeFeature, featName(16))

status = swFeatMgr.EditRollback()

End Sub