5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2018 12:07 PM by Ryan Dark

HI TO ALL CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TO RUN SIMULATION ON THESE TWO LIFTING LUG

Habib Toossi

HI TO ALL

I AM NEW TO SIMULATION I WILL TAKE A COURSE WITH OUR SOLIDWORK SALES THEAM

AND IF YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATION TO WHERE SHOULD I TAKE COURSE FOR SIMULATION

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TO RUN SIMULATION ON THESE TWO LIFTING LUG

I WANT TO CONNECT 15000 Lbs EQUIPMENT TO THOSE 4 HOLES AND LIFTING IT I WANT TO KNOW THAT  2 L  CAN HANDEL

WHEN I RUN SIMULATION MY PARTS GO ALL OVER

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE SHOULD MY FIXTURE?

AND WHERE SHOULD APPLY THE LOAD?

AND MY CONNECTION SET?

DO I HAVE TO CONNECT MY HOLE ASSEMBLY TO THE L ANGLE OR SHOULD I USE REMOTe LOAD OR GRAVITY

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS    THANK YOU ALL

• Re: HI TO ALL CAN SOMEONE HELP ME TO RUN SIMULATION ON THESE TWO LIFTING LUG
          Ryan Dark

Hi Habib,

There are a few things to put into your study to make it, foremost, stable but not overly restrained.  Over-restrained setups impact the validity of your results and under-restrained setups may not solve at all.

In your setup you would want to start by creating the fixture that represent actual objects in your analysis.  The first fixtures you would make would be "Use Reference Geometry" (SOLIDWORKS Help - Simulation: Using a Reference Axis) fixtures using the sketch elements for your top cables as reference geometry.  In this way you are retraining just the movement axially along the top cables.

The next real object you wish to represent is your load as it will provide additional stability to the setup.  You would use a "Remote Load/Mass (rigid Connection)" (SOLIDWORKS Help - Simulation: Remote Load (Rigid Connection)) on the 4 holes to apply the 15000 lb downward force.  The use of the "Rigid Connection" is so that the two beam members are rigidly connected to each other to keep them from collapsing together.  The load itself becomes a sort of "virtual" beam member between the two.

These definitions do not provide the setup with full stability though.  One rigid body translation remains unrestrained.  To fix this a split line curve would be applied along the symmetry plane of the beam members to create an edge along the plane of symmetry.  This edge would then have its own fixture applied to keep the movement normal to the symmetry plane restrained.  This fixture's real life analog is whatever you do to keep the load from swinging on the cables.

With that all in place.  You should get some results to look at.

Attached is an example of the setup that made these results.