Are you a SolidWorks CAD guru with at least 10 years of SolidWorks experience? Are you motivated and creative but technically minded with a BS or MS degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Discipline? Do you have the ability to conceptualize and idea and translate it to a well engineered 3D design? Do you have an up-to-date knowledge of sound design principles and designing parts for common packaging manufacturing processes such as injection molding, blow molding and thermoforming? Do you have a passion for innovation, and exploring new technologies? Does the idea of working in a highly collaborative environment analyzing and evaluating design challenges and seeking creative solutions to meet project objectives intrigue you?
If so and if you are seeking a challenging position which will allow you to play a key role on our technical team, contribute to the growth and success of a highly regarded design organization, and you have the passion for creative problem solving then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Please note that this position requires you to work in close proximity to our team at our Design Studio in Fairfield, CT. Only candidates who are currently within a commutable distance or are willing/able to relocate will be considered.
Reporting to the Vice President, Technologies & Commercialization as a Design Engineer at Product Ventures you will have the following responsibilities:
- Intimately interact with members of the Design and Engineering teams and assist in the creation of conceptual ideas to meet project objectives
- Effectively translate conceptual ideas into well engineered 3D entities
- Research materials and manufacturing process in support of project challenges and objectives
- Assist in the evaluation of packaging and concept designs for feasibility of manufacture
- Collaborate during the early stage of concept selection (process, equipment, and materials), to drive design for manufacturability
- Employ analytical techniques and software, FEA, FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis), tolerance stack-up analysis, and/or prototyping to demonstrate product feasibility and to reduce risk
- Participate in plant assessments and packaging line capability studies
- Interact with prototyping personnel to insure the creation of high quality comprehensive mockups
- The ideal candidate will be a SolidWorks expert, familiar with all aspects of the program and with complex surfacing
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Discipline
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of work related experience with knowledge of principles and techniques commonly used in product and package design, development and engineering
- Experience with, and mastery of, SolidWorks, Fusion 360, ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software is required
- Experience with part design for injection molding and blow molding and thermoforming is desired
- Experience creating effective PowerPoint presentations and working with other Microsoft Office products is required
- Experience working with additive manufacturing /3D printing equipment would be beneficial
- The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and thrive in a team environment
- The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, punctual, a self starter and an independent thinker
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. For consideration, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.