AnsweredAssumed Answered

2018 "Solidworks is running out of memory! Solidworks is now terminating."

Question asked by Michael Leer on Feb 1, 2018
Latest reply on May 30, 2019 by Matthew Hartman

I am running Solidworks pro 2018 and have been running into issues when placing views in a drawing. The error occurs when I place a views on a drawing and then hit esc key to stop placing views.

I am running 16 GB ram so that is not the issue as I checked the ram usage when the errors have occurred. I also tried to remedy the problem via adjusting GDI Objects as well as checking that my VRAM was not being overloaded when the errors occurred. All 3 of these areas do not seem to be an issue.

Solidworks 2018 has been reinstalled via webex by the re-seller very methodically so that is not an issue either. Our company has paid support from our re-seller and they have been unable to solve the issue, only dismissing it as the piece was too complicated. My issue with that is that a coworker can perform the same tasks without error with the same part on his system that is running half the ram I am.

One thing I have noticed is that the parts that prompt the error have a straight knurl pattern on them via a circular patterned extrusion. That is the most complex feature and overall they are not very complicated parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am out of ideas and would appreciate any help!

Mike

Outcomes