4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 10:24 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Save as PDF

Benea Marius

Hello SW community,

I would like to save a 2d view in a pdf format without saving the sheet format as well. Is that possible in SW16 or any SW? 

thx in advance!

• Re: Save as PDF
          Alex Lachance

Of course it is. There are 2 possible ways.

You can use your part to save it as a DWG/DXF and then select which view you would like to be added to the DWG/DXF.

OR

You can make a drawing and then use ''Save as'' to save it as a DWG or a DXF. Everything in the drawing should be converted to work on a DWG/DXF. Make sure to have 1:1 output!

More info:

2017 SOLIDWORKS Help - DXF/DWG File Export Options

Glenn Schroeder

When you said "without saving the sheet format as well", I assume you mean you don't want the title block to show on the pdf?  If yes, it's pretty simple.  Go to your sheet properties and de-select the option shown below.  When you then click on the "Apply Changes" button none of the title block or sheet format lines should show (although if you have a logo in your title block it might still show).

Alex Lachance

I use a blank template with no sheet format that forces a 1:1 scale, that is another option that can be used.

We used this method to compare drawings when moving from 2D to 3D, to make sure everything was up to par.

Glenn Schroeder

Alex Lachance wrote:

I use a blank template with no sheet format that forces a 1:1 scale, that is another option that can be used.

We used this method to compare drawings when moving from 2D to 3D, to make sure everything was up to par.

I have a blank sheet format also, but for a one-time need, as this likely is, hiding the sheet format would be a lot simpler than setting up a new format.