2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 5:50 AM by Maxim Figlin

Setting non-unique variable to unique

Maxim Figlin

Hi all,

Would like to ask the community for help on the following:

We migrated from an old wgpdm vault to the new and shiny e-pdm, six months ago. After migration, the company decided to make one variable unique (partno).

due to non-uniqueness of this variable we can't make it unique so we used a report generator search for the duplicate variables in the vault, S-033897.

After using this report, I can see that it still generates the already changed values in the partno. So basically the tool doesn't provide with the real and reliable value.

I saw that the code in the S-033897 looks for "Revisionno", but what the report should look for is the latest version, doesn't it?

Is this even possible?

Best Regards,

Max.

• Re: Setting non-unique variable to unique
          Steve Ostrovsky

RevisionNo in the VariableValue table is how you find the latest version of a value that was entered on a data card as they can change from version to version. You also have to take into consideration which variable and configuration when reviewing the raw data. Below is a sample of a the Revision variable in different versions of a document.

• Re: Setting non-unique variable to unique
              Maxim Figlin

Thanks for the quick reply.

What you describe is actually what the report generator should do. Unfortunately it is not the case. I'm attaching few pics to show it.Report generator issue 01.JPGReport generator issue 02.JPG

The report shows a historic configuration of the file that had the duplicate value when the file was added to the vault. The configuration that the report refers to was deleted. So now there is no configuration under the given name in the oring-2-155 but the report still shows it? Why?

From my understanding, the report should show the current state of the desired variable, at the top most updated level.

Also, if I have different configurations with same unique value, will the setting the unique value in the vault will still work or will it give an error?