6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2009 5:07 AM by 1-JLZXHB

problem in instalatoin of pdmenterprise

hi all
      iam geting problem in pdm enterprise instalation
      like wat it is i can abel 2 do the pdm enterprise client ,archive server & initially i done the sql server 2005 alos
      coming to the problem iam not abel to instal the data base server.so kindly help me out on this issue.
      thank you.
        • problem in instalatoin of pdmenterprise
          Deepak Gupta
          Ramu,

Can you put more information about your steps of installation, what errors you getting and any screen shot will be helpful to resolve your issue.
              Hi deepak
              Thanks for your reply.
              How you doing.
              Can I get u r number where can I catch you @ any time & can i get ur mail .id tehn i can send u directly coz here it takes so much time 4r attachingh the screen shorts then also its not working.
              Coming to the installation processor
              A) I done the sql server2005 installation .After completion of the installation when i try to connect the data base I got two options 1)windows authentication
              2)SQL authentication here I can connect through the windows mode. when I try 2 connect from the SQL mode it ask me the user id @ password ,there I don't want 2 know which I want 2 use there.
              In the installation time there is two options
              1) Windows authentication
              2) Windows&sql authentication
              Default it take the windows & I could not change anything there .
              This the SQL part
              B) Coming to PDM ENTERPRISE I download it 4rm the solid works site it is 0.0 version. Here is the problem starts .According two the installation guide Archive server, database server& web server finally client.
              C) But when I try install this way Iam stoked up with the data base server .iam attaching the the error message also see it. So if I try 2 do the archive server & w4eb server by leaving the data base server I can done it. am attaching the archive server window what iam getting after the installation also
              D) Coming to the client part I hope ia done it ,& this are the steps I followed there 1)Choose product type ==== I chose S.W ENTERPRISE PDM EDITOR
              2) Select the add_ins ==== I take S.W
              3) It start the installation
              after this in the start menu I got the pdm enterprise>archive server configuration
              >getting stared its pdf
              >admistrator
              >view setup
              These are the options iam getting In start menu.
              ALONG WITH THIS AIAM ATTACHING THE SCREEN SHOTS OF THE ERROR MESS ONE, CLINET WINDOW, SQL WINDOW LOGIN ONE &
              ARCHIUVE SERVER WINDOW ALSO
              Hope you kindly help me out in this one, its urgent to me.
              Thank you.

Hi deepak
              Thanks for your reply.
              How you doing.
              Can I get u r number where can I catch you @ any time.
              Coming to the installation processor
              A) I done the sql server2005 installation .After completion of the installation when i try to connect the data base I got two options 1)windows authentication
              2)SQL authentication here I can connect through the windows mode. when I try 2 connect from the SQL mode it ask me the user id @ password ,there I don't want 2 know which I want 2 use there.
              In the installation time there is two options
              1) Windows authentication
              2) Windows&sql authentication
              Default it take the windows & I could not change anything there .
              This the SQL part
              B) Coming to PDM ENTERPRISE I download it 4rm the solid works site it is 0.0 version. Here is the problem starts .According two the installation guide Archive server, database server& web server finally client.
              C) But when I try install this way Iam stoked up with the data base server .iam attaching the the error message also see it. So if I try 2 do the archive server & w4eb server by leaving the data base server I can done it. am attaching the archive server window what iam getting after the installation also
              D) Coming to the client part I hope ia done it ,& this are the steps I followed there 1)Choose product type ==== I chose S.W ENTERPRISE PDM EDITOR
              2) Select the add_ins ==== I take S.W
              3) It start the installation
              after this in the start menu I got the pdm enterprise>archive server configuration
              >getting stared its pdf
              >admistrator
              >view setup
              These are the options iam getting In start menu.
              ALONG WITH THIS AIAM ATTACHING THE SCREEN SHOTS OF THE ERROR MESS ONE, CLINET WINDOW, SQL WINDOW LOGIN ONE &
              ARCHIUVE SERVER WINDOW ALSO
              Hope you kindly help me out in this one, its urgent to me.
              Thank you.

Mike Adam
              Ramu Machineni
              Your problem is unclear. I don't know what is really happening with you during the installation.
              so could you attach some screen shots for your problem ?
              During the installation remember to to log in as Administrator or user which has Administrator privileges
              Remember also to disable the antivirus, sometimes it blocks some files from being installed
              so I suggest you go to "Computer Management" in windows and look for the problem inside "EVENT VIEWER"
              that could help you to identify the problem which occurred during your installation

Regards
              Mike