Good afternoon All,
I have a project that may be a good candidate for the table driven pattern option in SW. I've never used this feature in the past but it looks like it good could nicely if set up properly, but I'm unsure if there is a way to have each new hole in the pattern spaced not from the origin where the pattern starts, but from the last hole. Here is an example of a drawing I have to work with. I would need to drill/burn the fill plate beneath the angle and I have several of these, all with varying hole patterns (but all in line at 1-1/2" gage off edge):
Here is my thinking (and please correct if I'm wrong):
1. sketch and extrude simple rectangle to correct overalls and thickness
2. use hole wizard to locate first hole off lower left which is my origin
3. create new coordinate system with right/front/top planes for x/y/z respectively
4. create text file with the incremental spacings from the first hole feature from hole wizard for the x column and 0 for the rest for the "y" since they would be in line with feature hole
5. run a table driven pattern under pattern feature and fill in all necessary fields
Result = Feature creates all holes in reference to origin, NOT from the last created hole - IS THERE AN OPTION TO DO THIS??????
My thinking would be to make a copy from the original .txt file and modify it for each part with the correct dimensions (so there is a separate file for each part), but everything on drawing is relative from last hole so this may not work. I may just have to create one part, use normal linear patterns, then just do a save as & tweak for the rest?
Thanks in advance for any ideas!