3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 2:43 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Partial Section Line Style

Austin Broeker

Is there a way to change the line style of the ends of a partial section view?

For example, I'm using a partial section view to detail one end of an assembly, but where that section view ends along the length of the assembly shows up as a solid continuous line, which makes it appear like the assembly actually ends there:

My current workaround is to use the full-length section cut and just crop the view, but my gripe with that is the crop box length isn't tied to the section cut length. That doesn't bother me too much though - my main issue I'm having now is that when I use a full-length section cut at this specific location it has issues with the geometry and gives me an error. If I go back to the partial section cut, it's fine.

I was hoping there was an option somewhere that controls the line style of edges created from a partial section cut, but I can't find anything. I know I could edit the line style of those edges individually, but controlling that with a single option via the section cut would be so much cleaner and easier. Plus, this would reduce, if not  completely eliminate, my need to crop section views.

EDIT: For now, I think I'm just going to keep the partial section cut, crop the view, and put the edge of the crop box just inside the edge where the section cut ends so I can at least get it to look how I want and finish my project.