25 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 5:08 PM by Alin Vargatu

Win Free Points - SW2018 - Assembly Open Progress Indicator

Alin Vargatu

When we consider troubleshooting large assembly slow-down, SOLIDWORKS 2018 made a first step in the right direction by introducing the Assembly Open Progress Indicator and by enhancing the Performance Evaluation reporting.

A few screenshots, showing examples for the feedback provided by the Assembly Open Progress Indicator (AOPI):

Open component.png

Updating Bounding Box.png

Solving mates.png

Open files during update assembly.png

Generating graphics.png

If the file has been opened in SW 2018 before and saved, it should also report the last open time (it does not do it for me anymore in SW 2018 SP1.0).

I am looking forward to the time when SOLIDWORKS will save all the events that are flashing on this AOPI in a text file, that the user can review later on. Nick Birkett-Smith, I hope you would not mind if I cc you here.

For now, I recorded a video of the assembly opening, and used it to capture this flashing messages. That is work that should not be done by a typical user.

For the Performance Evaluation, we got better reporting, but very awkward interface. If you want to analyze the information, you have to save multiple files and still not get the whole picture. What about adding the option to save all the data captured by the Performance Evaluation in a report in Word or Excel format?

We also need better reporting during opening drawings and updating drawing views.

Now, let's talk about me awarding you points.

I will award 100 points to anyone who post in this thread a screenshot of a different action flashing in the AOPI (the screenshot becomes mine ). That is 100 points/ screenshot.

Please try to take good quality screenshots, that can be used in a SWW presentation.

Anything other than the messages already capture above:

• Opening Component during phases 1 and 2
      • Updating Boundinbox during phase 1
      • Solving Mates during phase 2
      • Generating Graphics during phase 3

Deadline: the 4th of February, 2018