I've been asked by our R&D director to get a desired spec for updating my PC.
we've recently purchased solidworks 2018.
my current PC spec is:
windows 10 64 bit,
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 3.6GHz
memory 16 GB
graphics card Quadro-2000.
Its a 4 year old PC and I find it exauhsting to work on solidworks with it.
my work profile and spec for the new PC are as follows:
* work on assemblies of 500 parts and more.
* multiple degree of freedoms mechanisms (again a lot of parts 500+)
* analysis - standard mechanical analysis.
* simulation - love it work with it quite often.
*quality and render - need real view graphics. (important for the graphics card spec)
* speed - Speed speed speed!.. I hate that it takes 1.5 min to load a large assembly.
* PDM - I dunno if this derives something from the spec but we start using PDM very soon.
* life span - I want something that will be very good for the next 4 years lets say.
that's it friends, I hope you can recommend a very good PC spec for me.