8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 12:34 PM by Andy Sanders

Clara Peller, SWX Style:  "Where's the votes?"

Dennis Dohogne

We are only about a week away from the close of voting on this year's Top Ten List.  I just took a look and am very surprised at the relatively low number of total votes.  As I write this the top vote getter is only around 80.  Last year the number one and two, appropriately referred to hear as ONE and TWO, had close to 200 votes each, if I recall correctly.

My point is the total voting participation seems low.  That means there is more opportunity for your votes to count!  The good folks at SWX do consider all these ideas as de facto Enhancement Requests, but these votes have a huge influence on their prioritization.  MAKE YOUR OPINIONS HEARD.  VOTE!  It is literally good for you!

By the way, for those that don't know who Clara Peller is:

1984 Wendy's Where's the Beef? with Clara Peller #1 - YouTube

• Re: Clara Peller, SWX Style:  "Where's the votes?"
          Shaodun Lin

We need to spread the word on all social media platform, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,.. etc.

Interestingly, I saw many view counts for the idea, but the number of votes is not proportional.

2018-01-24_12-42-35.jpg

Alin Vargatu

Shaodun Lin wrote:

We need to spread the word on all social media platform, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,.. etc.

Interestingly, I saw many view counts for the idea, but the number of votes is not proportional.

2018-01-24_12-42-35.jpg

The view count is irrelevant, since is not about unique viewers. I probably visited some of my ideas tens of times, reading and replying to comments.

Dan Pihlaja

Alin Vargatu wrote:

Shaodun Lin wrote:

2018-01-24_12-42-35.jpg

The view count is irrelevant, since is not about unique viewers. I probably visited some of my ideas tens of times, reading and replying to comments.

I think that he is talking more about the ratio of views to votes when comparing 2017 to 2018.  Should be proportionate, but its not.

Alex Lachance

I said this a few weeks ago, if they really want to spread the word and get people to vote on it then they need to inform people of it.

Up until I joined the forums, I had never heard of a voting process or an idea submission thing. I heard about it when I joined here. I voted and submitted a few ideas. Which brings me to my questions.

Why aren't the VAR's sending e-mails out about this? No e-mail to inform about the idea submitting, no e-mail to inform about the voting beginning, no e-mail to inform that the voting is about to end.

Why does the idea submitting stop when the voting process begins? I have a bunch of ideas that I ended up thinking of in the last week or two while having discussions on here and couldn't submit them because of this. I didn't take the time to send them to my VAR and now I've lost the idea.

Is there not anybody at SolidWorks that has brought this up? SolidWorks does a good job interacting with their users on here but there are some things which have too much emphasis put on while others lack some.

Alex Lachance

There needs to be more filters.

Why can't we use all these as filters? It's unpractical!

I know I can refine the categories or do a content search for a specific user but I'd really like to be able to sort them by either view count, thumbs up, bookmarks, comments, etc...

I know the whole forum part is out of SolidWork's control but they need to find a way to be able to get some kind of control or customization. It's been said by plenty of people on here that the forums and the top 10 need more customization but the answer they get is ''It's out of our control''. That's absurd for such a big company.

Dan Pihlaja

Alex Lachance wrote:

There needs to be more filters.

Why can't we use all these as filters? It's unpractical!

I know I can refine the categories or do a content search for a specific user but I'd really like to be able to sort them by either view count, thumbs up, bookmarks, comments, etc...

I know the whole forum part is out of SolidWork's control but they need to find a way to be able to get some kind of control or customization. It's been said by plenty of people on here that the forums and the top 10 need more customization but the answer they get is ''It's out of our control''. That's absurd for such a big company.

Its not working for you because its in French.   Everyone knows that the French have no filter.     Just kidding!!  LOL

Walter Fetsch

1.  It's very well hidden.

2.  Frustration with bad behavior and performance drives responses and that is covered by the initial slider question (reliability, functionality, performance).  How many responses has the slider gotten?

3.  The proposed enhancements are not very exciting.  Most of them don't look very helpful to me.

Andy Sanders

The sheer number of entries prohibits me to read, understand and respond to every one.  I went through a few pages the other day voted on a few and  moved on.   Just being honest, to me it's kind of an overwhelming platform for this.