15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2018 10:02 PM by Dave Bear

Is it really a GAP or is it an OVERLAP?

Dave Bear

Hi guys,

I'm still plodding away mucking around with learning Surfacing.

Like most have done, I'm doing the Camaro tutorial and have ventured away from the written instruction a little and added some surfaces that weren't included in the tutorial. I got to a stage where I thought it's about time to knit it all together and do some filleting. The problem I'm having is that I can't knit my completed roof section (Roof Knit) to the main body (already knitted) to make a complete surface (all knitted).

I've investigated where SW is telling me the gap is too large but I can't actually see that it's a gap! By saying that I mean no matter how much I zoom in or rotate the view I just can't see daylight between the surfaces. In fact, to me, when you zoom right in it actually looks as if the surfaces overlap each other.

I have even gone as far as trying to edit the surfaces and even tried rebuilding the horizontal door top edge and still end up with the same drama!

Could someone please have a look at this and tell me where it is exactly that I'm being stupid!

Car Point.JPG

Dave.