7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2018 11:09 AM by Christian Chu

auto select frustrations

Tom Strohscher

I just upgraded from 2015 to 2017 and I'm vary frustrated with some improvements SW has made. (I've been using SW nearly every day since 2005.)

When sketching adding lines SW thinks insists on hanging on to these when adding dimensions.  This is vary frustrating.  Is there a way to turn it off.

Another issue is it seems to auto select the center of an arc when adding a construction line.

I want to add a construction line from the edge of an arc and then add a tangent relation ship but SW insists on picking the center of the arc when I'm no ware close to it.   It there a way to turn off the ACAD snaps?

A third problem I've got is with a spline on a curve.  I have a series of pints on a curve I want to draw a spline through.  As I select each pint I get the little constraint icon as I pick the point but the constraint isn't added.  For each point I need to go back and move each spline point away and then back to the point to attach it.

These little changes are big performance issues for me when when I use to sketch using muscle memory.

Is there any way to turn these little enhancements off?