12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2018 7:45 AM by Jory Blagden

What's this fancy new massage that 2018 SP1.0 is flashing?

Jory Blagden

Unistalled 2017 SP2.0 completely this am. Win 10 machine. Stand-alone license.

Installed 2018 SP1.0. Fresh software, right out of the virtual box, .....and now this.

What the Hades is this? I got it. Office down the hall got it. The PDM server did it when it got updated as well.

Capture.PNG

Seriously,...is this the new norm? Can Solidworks not even run for 1 entire day without giving me trouble? I click "ok" and it opens ... but really...WTH?

The installer give three options: Download and install, download only, or install if you have all the files. We downloaded the files to a network so all could share them without "downloading" everyone's installation. The installer won't let me select a network drive. I copied the folder from the network to my local drive. Then the installer told me "missing files, must download." I mean....cheese-n-rice...

I looked forward to installing a brand new version of SW and starting fresh today. I was actually excited to drive to work. Moral of the story: SW is still SW. Maybe someday it will run without issues.