|Location||Hamilton (Ontario, Canada)|
|Company||Feature Walters Inc.|
The Designer supports projects by creating drawings & digital information from client specifications, layout drawings, design sketches, models, proto-types or from other verbal instructions. Using 3D modeling software, the designer provides assembly drawings & electronic files to the shop for fabrication and shipping, and erection diagrams and other information to Field Services for construction, all within tight and shifting deadlines.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creates 3D Model Designs based on Project Requirements
- Develop master sketches allowing for advanced coordination and control within scope and with interfacing work, per the client layout drawings and directives from design management.
- Develop appropriate connection details and other project detailing requirements under the direction of consulting engineer and fabrication/design management team.
- Provides exports, reports, visuals, & other data to Project Management & Production when required to support their work and planning.
- Preparation of Shop and Site Drawings and electronic data
- Project Correspondence and Maintenance
Desired Skills and Experience
- A University Degree in Industrial Design or Drafting/Engineering Technology diploma from a recognized technical institute, or suitable work experience including on-the-job training.
- 2 years of design experience for a manufacturing environment for multi-component assemblies, mixed materials, moving parts.
- Experience in designing/drafting using automated software.
Skills, Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks 3D modeling system or other equivalent 3D modeling software. Experience in Revit, desired.
- Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connections and erection practices
- Knowledge of basic mathematical concepts
- Ability to read structural and architectural drawings
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Organizational Skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Research skills
Click on this link to apply: