8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2018 12:02 PM by Nick Tzallas

Scale predefined view on template to fit certain area on sheet

Nick Tzallas

I am not sure if this is technically in the right place but here goes

Same old problem

So, some context:

I have abandoned the idea of using the toolbox, for the various reasons discussed in many forum posts and decided to create my own library of standard parts (o-rings fasteners etc).

The workflow I am trying to automate is:

Master model file> Generate config > Populate Custom properties > break out into individual model > place into drawing template

The most (semi/Clunky) automated way I can think of and limited by my lack of macro knowlwedge is Master model + Design Table  > Break out configs (Via #task) >Generate drawings (via #task) > Purge unused configs (via macro found on this forum, one file at a time, any tips to apply this to a folder of files woul dbe a godsend btw).

It is, as you might imagine and probably know from experience, a bit of a nightmare, but if anyone has a better idea please let me know and I'll start a different thread in the right location (I have searched the forum and nothing seems to be possible without serious API/Macro knowledge, of which I don't have)

3.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Now, the functionality basically works, although there is ALOT of manual work required after the fact, but my drawing template has a predefined vew.

The model is placed in the predefined view all fine and dandy, but because the view has a fixed scale, certain smaller sized parts appear tiny. (see Below)

6.jpg

Is ther a way, to make the predefined view in the template auto-scale the view to a certain size/area of the sheet, without having to go in and manually scale each view on each drawing (of which I will have literally a few thousands)? i.e keep scaling the view until it fits into a certain area/box ? (ideally within SW UI not MACRO/API)

I assume because We do not use a server/vault that SW task scheduler is not applicable either (?)

I have found this How to create a macro to scale a view to fit into a quarter region of a drawing sheet?  but I am not sure I fully understand it/would know how to use it and/or if it is indeed even relevant to the question. (yeah, I'm hopeless, I know)

I realize I might be asking for too much automation, especially with the caveat of my limited macro/API knowledge, but it's worth a shot and any insight is highly appreciated.

I am drowning with this.

Using:

SW 2016 SP 3.0

Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

No server

No PDM