AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scale predefined view on template to fit certain area on sheet

Question asked by Nick Tzallas on Jan 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2018 by Nick Tzallas

I am not sure if this is technically in the right place but here goes

Same old problem

So, some context:

I have abandoned the idea of using the toolbox, for the various reasons discussed in many forum posts and decided to create my own library of standard parts (o-rings fasteners etc).

The workflow I am trying to automate is:

Master model file> Generate config > Populate Custom properties > break out into individual model > place into drawing template

The most (semi/Clunky) automated way I can think of and limited by my lack of macro knowlwedge is Master model + Design Table  > Break out configs (Via #task) >Generate drawings (via #task) > Purge unused configs (via macro found on this forum, one file at a time, any tips to apply this to a folder of files woul dbe a godsend btw).

It is, as you might imagine and probably know from experience, a bit of a nightmare, but if anyone has a better idea please let me know and I'll start a different thread in the right location (I have searched the forum and nothing seems to be possible without serious API/Macro knowledge, of which I don't have)

3.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Now, the functionality basically works, although there is ALOT of manual work required after the fact, but my drawing template has a predefined vew.

The model is placed in the predefined view all fine and dandy, but because the view has a fixed scale, certain smaller sized parts appear tiny. (see Below)

6.jpg

Is ther a way, to make the predefined view in the template auto-scale the view to a certain size/area of the sheet, without having to go in and manually scale each view on each drawing (of which I will have literally a few thousands)? i.e keep scaling the view until it fits into a certain area/box ? (ideally within SW UI not MACRO/API)

I assume because We do not use a server/vault that SW task scheduler is not applicable either (?)

I have found this How to create a macro to scale a view to fit into a quarter region of a drawing sheet?  but I am not sure I fully understand it/would know how to use it and/or if it is indeed even relevant to the question. (yeah, I'm hopeless, I know)

I realize I might be asking for too much automation, especially with the caveat of my limited macro/API knowledge, but it's worth a shot and any insight is highly appreciated.

I am drowning with this.

Using:

SW 2016 SP 3.0

Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

No server

No PDM

Outcomes