I think the Task Scheduler is the best way to go. You'll still have to tell the tool where to find the files either by folder or individual file and then let it rip overnight while you're home doing better things with your life. Still a million better than doing it manually.
This is how I did it.
- Opened the list file in Excel
- Converted file name column to a row by using copy and then Paste Special>Transpose
- Cleaned-up the spreadsheet
- Save as a Text file
- Open the text file in Notepad
- Add Quotation marks (“XXXX”) and a space between file names by using Search and Replace command
- In the Task Scheduler>Export Files>Add Files>File Name: Copy and paste the list “xxx1” xyx2” “xxy3” “xyza”…..
- This inserted the whole list to SW Task Scheduler.
- Job done.