The SolidWorks Designer is responsible for creating complex models, layouts, drawings and sketches using SolidWorks and AutoCAD. This position will be based out of our Roseville, Illinois location.
- Create models, layouts, drawings, and sketches using SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Verify parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies can be built from the model using the equipment present
- Work with project managers to estimate design and drafting times and design concepts
- Input data into an ERP system
- Some communication with the customer is required
- May require travel to customer’s facilities for measurements and research
Qualifications:Two (2) years of experience with SolidWorks 3D Modeling and AutoCAD 2D Software is required. Other qualifications include:
- Must be able to read and decipher blueprints, schematics, weld symbols, GD&T, and surface finishes
- Must display excellent mechanical and analytical skills
- Highly organized
- Experience in developing complete and accurate bills of materials
- Must possess clear and concise communication skills
- Proficient use of software programs, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), ERP/MRP system, planning/scheduling tools
- Knowledge of sheet metal and forming is a plus
An hourly compensation will be determined by experience and qualifications. Benefit package which includes health insurance, PTO, and simple IRA will be provided.