2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 11:25 AM by Brandon Rausch

Export SW drawing into AutoCAD model-space and paper-space

Ruairi Mulligan

I have an application whereby the client wants us to export all our SW drawings into Autocad.

It is a requirement for them that the main drawing be in the model space, and the titleblock, annotations and dimensions etc remain in the paper space.

Is there a way of achieving this? At the moment it would seem like we may have to double our workload to do so.

• Re: Export SW drawing into AutoCAD model-space and paper-space
          Deepak Gupta

I do not think there is a direct option but you may check with API if there is a possibility to get a customized program made.

• Re: Export SW drawing into AutoCAD model-space and paper-space
            Brandon Rausch

I know this post has been out for a while, but we run into the same thing at my workplace.  What I have done is created a title block that works the same between solidworks and autocad.  Then, when exporting the drawing from solidworks to autocad, I do a block update and you virtually can't tell the difference between the solidworks and the autocad drawings.  I've made some icons and such that help with this transition, but people have been using it here significantly, without any issues.  Is it 100% fool proof...probably not, but it save soooo much time when every drawing has to be converted into AutoCad.

There are a couple of commands that make this possible, some of them are only in the non-LT version of autocad.