5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2018 7:07 PM by Paul Wyndham

Latest Released

Kenneth Barrentine

Are there options to force ePDM to select a specific state?

e.g. If I had a State called "Released" could ePDM only open the latest "Released" State of each component?

I want to ignore all Work In Progress.

• Re: Latest Released
          Sam Sam

hi,

If I correctly understood - something like the filter?

Can just create other user with the required settings - such option doesn't approach?

Probably not the best option, but everything depends on that what it is necessary for.

Martin Solem

Hi. Kind of... you can limit Read permissions for users and groups for all States but the Released state.  Or remove permissions to view working versions which will let them see only versions with a Revision. This depends how and when you Revision of course.

Martin

Paul Wyndham

Hey Kenneth, I think your questions is a little unclear. At first is seems like you are asking about if you could set something to check into a specific state automatically. But then your example makes me think you are asking about if you open an assembly can you force it to only get the components versions that were released instead of the version from when the assembly was checked in last.

Can you rephrase your question and/or give another example or two?

Kenneth Barrentine

Hello Paul, yeah that last part.

... But then your example makes me think you are asking about if you open an assembly can you force it to only get the components versions that were released instead of the version from when the assembly was checked in last. ...

We're using Teamcenter now and you have the option to open released versions only.

Paul Wyndham

As Martin stated you can set a permission to only allow people to see files that are in specific states. So, that would make it so that they would only be able to see released versions. You might have to make sure that the engineers save the assemblies that they release with only the versions of the parts that are also released. Otherwise the users might not be able to see certain parts.

But that would probably be bad form to release an assembly using parts that are not released.