We are seeking a motivated individual with proven experience in mechanical 3D CAD design to join our team. CAM and CNC Manufacturing experience is also desirable.
DILOREN COMPOSITES is a composites manufacturer focused on the aerospace industry. Currently, the company is designing, manufacturing and testing an all-carbon-fiber electric-powered sailplane. Few engineers get the opportunity to work in a small team developing a complete aircraft project using the most advanced resources, this is a great opportunity for a great experience!
- Modeling tooling and aircraft components/mechanisms in Solidworks.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, manufacturing and time constraints.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Communicating effectively with all members of the team, including strategic partners and factories.
- Programming CAM for machining of tools and structural components.
- Planning, designing and documenting new production processes.
- Producing detailed engineering drawings of parts and assemblies, and detailed installation and assembly procedures for aircraft and tooling components.
- Being involved in machining processes, composite manufacturing, fabric layup, resin infusions, etc.
- Being knowledgeable and forward-thinking regarding our product.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Very High CAD Proficiency in Solidworks.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as 3D CAD Modeler or related discipline.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, organization and work habits.
- CAM programming and CNC manufacturing experience.
- English and Spanish proficiency.
- Proficiency with software Rhinoceros a plus!
- Proficiency with Mechanical/Kinematic Simulation in Solidworks a plus!
- Knowledge of aircraft design and manufacturing a plus!
- Knowledge of composite materials, prepreg and infusion techniques a plus!
- Aviation enthusiast and/or certificated Private/Glider Pilot a plus!
YOU MIGHT BE A CULTURE FIT IF…
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- You prefer working alongside others in a highly collaborative environment.
- You consider yourself a person who takes action and is comfortable sharing unconventional thoughts and opinions.
- You are highly motivated to produce results.
- You become committed to the project.
- You are honest and of good faith.
- You are passionate about aviation, soaring, free flight and RC modeling.
WHY WORK FOR DILOREN?
We are assembling an exclusive team of special and very qualified individuals who will gain the experience of executing an aircraft project, using the most advanced manufacturing techniques, from an early phase. We are a flexible company located in Miami, FL with great weather all year round.
DILOREN COMPOSITES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/536856964/