2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2018 11:37 AM by Martin Bonnevier

Does Solidworks 2017 need the user to be local admin?

Martin Bonnevier

Hello

Is there anybody that knows if Solidworks 2017 demands the user to be local admin or not ?

Best regards

Niclas

• Re: Does Solidworks 2017 need the user to be local admin?
          Jeff Holliday

Not sure if this answers your question but in our company the IT dept does not give admin rights to our SW users but we all can still operate SW ok - we just can't make updates without getting temp admin rights from IT.

• Re: Does Solidworks 2017 need the user to be local admin?
              Martin Bonnevier

Hi

thank you for that answer. The problem I have is that my distributor here in Sweden sais that you MUST be administator  on your machine in order for Solidworks to run without problems but I find it strange because just as your IT dept there isn't many IT dept that gives the users that much rights. But there seems like there is nobody on Solidworks that likes to comment or give a straight answer to this question. I guess there must be a type of "Whit paper" or any information that show just which catalogues or REG keys that is necessery for the user to have rights on for Solidworks to run flawless. I hope there is more people out there that has had this question and might have got an answer from Solidworks.

But thanks again for your info and time.

Best regards

Niclas