24 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2018 12:31 PM by Jim Steinmeyer

Play audio when long task is completed? Ding! Fries are done.

Tom Gagnon

Is there any way to trigger a sound to occur when a lengthy task is completed? I have no idea how this would apply in options. Maybe: If Solidworks becomes unresponsive for more than x seconds (or minutes) doing absolutely anything, then play this sound file when it becomes interactive again.

There are plenty of things which can take a long time, depending on the complexity of what you're working on: Save, Open, Set Lightweight to Resolved, Save_As, Import Diagnostics. I'm not familiar with Visualize renderings or Simulation results, but imagine that may also apply.

I know it's too late to suggest an idea. Doh.

I also recognize that the programmers may not wish to draw attention to the idea that not everything is instantaneous as demonstrated with simple examples.

I'd even settle for a 3rd party app which can be set to watch SLDWORKS.exe and do this for me, if anyone knows of something similar or suitable. This may even be preferable to another internal SWx process to watch itself. Does sldProcMon.exe do anything like this?