Why do you care the mass flow in external flow? Mass flow rate is relevant for internal flows.
I'm just curious to see the answer; flow is from natural convection only, I'm curious to know how much air mass the heat moves.
One way to get the mass flow is to make a goal.
- Create a plate and a surface to make goals on.
- On the goal-surface make goals for: temperature, velocity, density, mass flow and take note of the area of the goal-surface. From this you can calculate mass flow or just use the mass flow goal value.
- Use Component Control and un-tick the extrusion used for goals.
- An approximate value for power in the mass-flow can be calculated - for this you need the temperature in the flow. Make the goal-surface just as wide as the moving air. If the goal-surface is too wide the average temperature in the flow will be to low.
- There must be a better way to do this.
Thank you Mark
I created a hollow box the size of my computational domain. I was able to use the inside surfaces to make mass flow rate goals as well as your suggestions. And then use component control to have it "ignore" the box. I am running it now, and it is working. I am very pleased . Thank you.