Please see attached PDF. This is my latest
attempt to revisit and actually use Design Tables - so far unsuccessful. Have researched and tried everything so far.
Running SW 2015, Excel 2013, Windows 7, 64 bit.
Fairly certain this is an Excel-SolidWorks compatibility/communication issue but have no idea how to remedy.
- We are certain there are no text/format/syntax errors causing these
problems - especially because we start with an auto-created Design Table (and
we know all about setting up the “Family” cell etc),
- Externally-produced Design Table spreadsheets ("from file") won’t
generate configs at all even when they are simply copies of "auto-created"
- Design Tables edited inside SW cannot be written to,
- When a Design Table is opened "in new window", 2 spreadsheets appear
to open at the same time – one has data, the other appears to be blank – but both
are connected somehow because closing one will close the other – obviously a
clue to whatever defect is going on,
- Design Tables edited outside SW "in new window" CAN be written to
but then all edits disappear upon re-opening,
- The configs that were manually created run OK - but new configs added
afterward either don’t work or the data disappears – or is over-written by data
in the next row above!