4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2018 4:06 PM by Paul Wyndham

Enterprise PDM - Auto-Update configurations

Antônio Airoldi

Is there a way to an admin change(update) the server's configuration on Enterprise PDM without having to manually apply the "server configuration archive" each time? Like everytime someone uses the software it automatically verifies the last configuration update and applies.

• Re: Enterprise PDM - Auto-Update configurations
          Paul Wyndham

I don't understand your question. What server configuration are you trying to apply? What would it need to apply when someone uses the client on their machine?

For the most part when you make a change in the admin tool that effects the users they see those changes immediately or at least when they connect the next time.

Antônio Airoldi

When we intall the configurations the first time, like the templates or the macros location are set. If I need to do any change to these, do I need to use the server configuration archive on each computer, or is there any way to change this on Enterprise PDM, and the next time a computer access, the changes are made automatically?

Matt Camacho-Cook

If I'm following you correctly, as long as your templates and macros are stored in EPDM (the SolidWorks locations should be set accordingly), you can set EPDM to automatically get latest on those folders anytime a user logs in.  In the admin tool, Groups (right click on a group)  -> Open -> Cache Options.  Then select the appropriate folder and set the "Refresh cache during log in" option.

-Matt

Paul Wyndham

You can also set the user accounts to always use the latest version of the files.

As Matt stated setting the recently added Cache Option is great. Make sure you only set it to the specific folders for the templates, configurations and macros needed otherwise it can take forever to get to work if it is getting all the changes to the project data. Also, don't have it empty the cache on log out. That just frustrates the users and makes it take longer to do anything.