AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to edit custom properties from excel?

Question asked by Gregory Oundjian on Dec 31, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2018 by W. M.

Hi everyone,

Here is a simmple question that had me working over and over for the last 2 days... I would like to edit custom properties of my parts and assemblies from excel. It sounds simple but I couldn't find the right way to do it.

Actually, I only need to edit the project number of parts and assemblies, so that I can retrieve it in the corresponding drawings. I already read quite a lot in this forum and all the examples I found were about editing the custom properties of the active doc. However, in my case my active doc is the main assembly. And I need to edit the properties of parts and assemblies within the main assembly. I also checked out the custom properties tab builder. It works good but I will have to manually select all the parts that I want to edit the project number. However, it is time consuming and I have library components assembled and I will have to sort them out of my selection.

Here is the code I have so far:

Sub Actualizar_Click()

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim Part As SldWorks.AssemblyDoc

Dim swComp As SldWorks.Component2

Set swApp = GetObject(, "SldWorks.Application")

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc 'Active doc is my main assembly

' This line works perfect. But only on the custom propeties of my main assembly (which is the active doc)

Part.CustomInfo("Project_No") = Worksheets("Base").Range("G69").Value

' I got an error message on ths line. I get the same error when selecting the component with a SelectByID method.

Set swComp = Part.GetComponentByName("Placa_BAS-1")

swComp.CustomInfo("Project_No") = Worksheets("Base").Range("G69").Value

Anybody could help please?

Outcomes