AnsweredAssumed Answered

Display states not stable for large assemblies...

Question asked by Mattew Stafford on Dec 29, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 29, 2017 by Elmar Klammer

Display states are not stable for large assemblies from what I noticed and my VAR says that has been an issue forever with solidworks and suggests configurations instead. I am trying to show a floor plan ( plant layout) of hundreds of pieces of equipment.  Some equipment is at a different height and over top of the equipment that I need to show in the 2d drawing.  I have been able to get both configurations and display states to work, except after making changes to the display state the drawing failed to update...Even after rebuilding. Most of the time a simple outline of the equipment will work, so creating a configuration of just a sketch (using convert sketch entities) works and is preferred over showing every face on every model. For instance, an overhead crane might just be a straight line.. Problem happens when I need a section view and I want to show a configuration of the actual equipment. I can't seem to have it both ways. Is the only solution to save a section view in the assembly and import that into the 2d drawing? Then manually create a cutting line?

Outcomes