12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 9:58 AM by Dan Pihlaja

Please help me with the stress distribution problem with diode assembly

Ramchandra Gawde

hello,

my name is Siddhesh.

I am working on a diode assembly. I am a beginner in simulation. i have attached aseembly nd part of the diode housing. I want to see the stress distribution on the diodes. I dont know about contacts and what are they used for, so i am having troubl finding solution. if we apply 7 KN of torque on each screw, how much stress ll act upon each diode. Material for diode can be silicon. In the assembly i have positioned the diodes such that the centre of rectangle formed by screws and the centre of equilatral triangle formed by by diode is coincident. Will it make the stress distribution equal on each diode. The diode should have a stress of 22kN in order to operate. Please help me with this problem, just solve the assembly nd post it here. so i can see how the contacts have been applied and where the fixtures n torque is applied. The holes on the vertical plates should made as fixtures.

• Re: Please help me with the stress distribution problem with diode assembly
          Dave Bear

Hi Ramchandra,

It would be better if you placed ALL of your Parts and the Assembly into one ZIP file and then attach it to the thread, otherwise if people want to help you they have to download each one individually and you've got quite a few there so they may not bother.

Just some tips........ Some very important steps if you are a NEW FORUM USER....

Dave.

J. Mather

Ramchandra Gawde wrote:

Please help me with this problem,....

Why did you use *.rar?

Using *.rar would require anyone interested in helping you download "free" malware infested rar extractor or additional purchase of reputable app.

Can you -

place all files in a single folder (you can use Pack and Go if they are spread out in different directories).

right click on the folder in Windows Explorer and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

attach the resulting *.zip file here.

By using the built in Windows zip compression you reduce the risk of infecting your computer with malware.

Habib Ghalamkari

J. Mather wrote:

Using *.rar would require anyone interested in helping you download "free" malware infested rar extractor ..........

By using the built in Windows zip compression you reduce the risk of infecting your computer with malware.

Any source on why you believe rar is a malware and may cause infecting PC?

J. Mather

1. I did not state the rar is malware.

2. Personal experience that a "free" rar app installed malware on my machine.  Is that good enough source for you?

3. Windows already has a built-in compression routine, so unless I am compressing monster files across multiple DVDs (who uses those anymore) or downloads - I don't even need rar.  Everyone running SolidWorks is running on Windows OS. Period. End of story.

Q.  Can you give me a source of information on the advantages to using rar to attach the typical assemblies that are attached here?

Habib Ghalamkari

1. I did not state the rar is malware.

You may didn't state it this way, but English as my forth language, your malware infested rar extractor phrase made me think so.

2. Personal experience that a "free" rar app installed malware on my machine. Is that good enough source for you?

No, personal experience is not enough. Most of us use things that are not reasonable or correct. I was looking for some logical, provable reasons. I may be misunderstanding you, but if you downloaded a free app which was infected, it means somebody had put a malware in a rar. Not that rar is a threat.

3. Windows already has a built-in compression routine, so unless I am compressing monster files across multiple DVDs (who uses those anymore) or downloads - I don't even need rar. Everyone running SolidWorks is running on Windows OS. Period. End of story.

Windows has a lot of built in applications that from a professional point of view worth nothing. Windows explorer, windows media player, Windows Live mail, File Indexing and Search, Internet Explorer and a lot more. Having poor ability built-in apps doesn't make me stick with them. Period. End of Story. I'm a super power user who needs powerful tools.

Q. Can you give me a source of information on the advantages to using rar to attach the typical assemblies that are attached here?

I wasn't saying it's OK to use rar files as attachments here. I even asked myself why he chose rar for attaching files above. I was just puzzled why somebody may think zip is risk free and rar is not.

Thanks for your reply, but I think we are going out of the extents of this thread and the question asked above. If you have anything to add, PM me please.

J. Mather

It is not the rar that I have issue with, but rather the fact that a 3rd party application is needed to extract the rar file.

I keep my SolidWorks machine as clean as possible and have no need (the offer of help here is voluntary) to install another application when Windows (which is required to run SolidWorks) is already installed on my machine and handles file compression for my needs.

Dan Pihlaja

J. Mather  wrote:

It is not the rar that I have issue with, but rather the fact that a 3rd party application is needed to extract the rar file.

I keep my SolidWorks machine as clean as possible and have no need (the offer of help here is voluntary) to install another application when Windows (which is required to run SolidWorks) is already installed on my machine and handles file compression for my needs.

Excellent points Mr. Mather.

And in addition to that....there is a function right inside Solidworks that will create a zip file for you.

Anything else is just extra work.....why not use it?

I get suspicious when I see .rar files here when Solidworks will create a zip file.

Dave Bear

Hi Habib,

I can only second (agree) with what J. Mather has to say about .rar files. On several occasions I have experienced rar files that are infected and one case was really BAD. Personally, I won't touch .rar files any longer!

Dave.

J. Mather

It might be noted that most questions here get answered within minutes when a *.zip file is attached here.