1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 6:00 PM by Paul Wyndham

Does Solidworks PDM manage Catia V5-6 R2014 files? As PTC Intra Link can do it... need a supportive document please.

Muhammad Osama Siddiqui

Recently working with PTC Intra Link have ability to manage Catia V5-6 R 2014 files and many other CAD formats. I need to know does Solidworks PDM have the same abilities?

I need a supportive document to understand the comparison.  any help appreciated.

• Re: Does Solidworks PDM manage Catia V5-6 R2014 files? As PTC Intra Link can do it... need a supportive document please.
          Paul Wyndham

SWPDM is a tool mainly designed to support the development of SolidWorks projects. SWPDM can manage any file type you stick in it, but it is not designed to be a PDM system for continued development in different CAD packages.

Since SWPDM runs in Windows Explorer you could open CATIA files from the vault and save them back into the vault. You would have to do all the check in/out from the Windows Explorer interface. There is no CATIA add-in like there is for DraftSight or MS Office. You might be able to save some PDM metadata, but it probably would not write anything to the CATIA file. If you work with Pro/E (Creo) files you might be able to get a copy of the Pro/E connector, but it is for legacy use only.

I don't have any supporting documents for you sorry.