7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2017 9:59 AM by Elmar Klammer

center mark arc slot bug

Manuel Campos Costa

Hello,

I have made my flanges with arc slots and I have been always able to properly show the center marks of the holes.

But for some reason that I can't find with this flange if I make the slot with an angle of 5º I'm not being tho show them properly.

But if I make the angle of the slot 15º the drawing of the center mark is correct please see the attached files.

I attached the image of the drawing for both 5º and 15º and also the file of the flange..

Can someone help me out??

Thanks,

M. Costa

• Re: center mark arc slot bug
          Dan Pihlaja

Yup...I am definitely getting the same thing, except that I deleted the M6 hole and just placed the slot without the references to it, and now I don't even get the center mark on the slot at all.

IN your 5 degree picture, it looks like the center mark is grabbing the m6 hole, which is why I deleted it.

I am using SW 2017 SP5.

Here are the steps that I did to reproduce the problem:

I downloaded your part, and created a drawing of it and tried to create the center marks when the slot is 5 degrees in length.  I get the same thing you did.

Then I deleted the M6 hole and then updated the slot sketch, and then I didn't even get the center marks near the slots:

They just won't create at all.

Then I just change the angle to 15 degrees and they work:

Then I thought, maybe it is your part template.

So, I recreated the part from scratch (using my own template) and I got the exact same result.

I looked for an SPR associated with this, but came up with nothing.

I have contacted my VAR on this to see if there is some sort of work around.

Also, I am going to include Jim Wilkinson to see if he can add anything.

Attached is my recreated part from scratch.

Also attached is a video, reproducing the problem.

12/22/2017: Edited to remove the name of my VAR....didn't mean to put you on the spot!! 

Dan Pihlaja

The other work around that I can find is to manually draw the entire slot feature (with arcs and circles....NOT the slot command).

Then you can add the center marks in the drawing.

Elmar Klammer

Hi Manuel,

It looks like SW runs into issues when the distance between the arcs is closer then the center mark line for one diameter. Since the center marks usually extend past the circle. Try to reduce the setting of center marks extending past the circle. Maybe that makes a difference.

Otherwise try to add the center marks & bolt circle manually by selecting the individual circles one at a time. Not sure why you want the radial lines to extend all the way to the center of the flange. To me it only clutters the view.

Elmar

Dan Pihlaja

Elmar Klammer  wrote:

Hi Manuel,

It looks like SW runs into issues when the distance between the arcs is closer then the center mark line for one diameter. Since the center marks usually extend past the circle. Try to reduce the setting of center marks extending past the circle. Maybe that makes a difference.

Otherwise try to add the center marks & bolt circle manually by selecting the individual circles one at a time. Not sure why you want the radial lines to extend all the way to the center of the flange. To me it only clutters the view.

Elmar

I played with all the settings that I could find:

But I can't get it to put a center mark set on the slots that are at 5 degrees with that radius size.

You are right, though.....If I make the radius smaller, then it works.

Elmar Klammer

Hi Manuel,

There is a slot-sketch feature problem...I was able to add the centermarks once with the slot intact..but SW crashed shortly after and I couldn't get it to work again..

Here is a 2016 workaround. Dissolving the slot sketch won't mess with your face id so dependent assemblies should resolve all mates okay.

In the sketch RMC the slot and explode the slot feature. You still have a fully parametric sketch.

Then select the first slot and add center marks. Next RMC centermarks and select "add .." and

click remaining slots to show the other center marks.

Elmar