AnsweredAssumed Answered

"The sheet format could not be located"?

Question asked by John Boire on Dec 19, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2017 by John Boire

So, here is my problem.

I create a new file, select a template and the file gets created with the right format. Everything is good so far. However when I create a new sheet the format cannot be found. (Error message: "The sheet format could not be located")

My file path is correct, I have tried reloading the sheet format on the first page and then adding sheets, I can manually find the .slddrt file and when hit okay and the Sheet Format/Size window pops up I can hit browse and it shows up right away.

When I browse for the template and load it in there is no problem but when you have to do that for every single sheet in a 10-40 sheet file it can get rather annoying and really interfere with workflow, especially seeing as this is a new problem (We recently restructured our drive)

Is this perhaps a naming issue? There are 3 other sheet formats saved in the same location, is that a potential cause?

Ref for things I have tried already:

https://www.javelin-tech.com/blog/2017/05/solidworks-sheet-format-location-error/

SolidWorks Templates & more » Blog Archive » 99% of all drawing templates are missing this setting

Sheet Formats Missing

Any ideas?

Outcomes