I was wondering if anyone knows the trick to making changes in the special SW-File Name custom property propagate to the actual file name when updating from a BOM? My (unsuccessful) procedure is as follows:
("Rename file from SW has been checked")
1. Create new custom property by concatenating the all PartNo and Description custom properties in Excel (About 600)
2. Add the SW-File Name property to the BOM
3. Paste the desired column from Excel to the SW-File Name column in the BOM
4. Select the "Keep Link" option from the popup.
5. "Ctrl-Shift-Q" the drawing and the generating assembly.
This is where things usually work out if it's a standard custom property, but I'm worrying that one of the "special" details about special custom properties is that you can't update from the BOM.