9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2017 4:31 PM by Mark Jackson

NEW/UPDATED Visualize content on the cloud

Ron Bates

I'm sure some of you have already noticed that we've recently pushed a large update to the Cloud Library for SOLIDWORKS Visualize. We took all of the appearances in SOLIDWORKS CAD, and created from scratch, almost 700 new Visualize appearances! These are grouped into the same, easy-to-digest sub-folders that are used in core SOLIDWORKS.

Anyone who installed Visualize 2018 or read the Visualize 2018 release notes, has seen mention of this new content and seen the new "SOLIDWORKS Appearances" sub-folder in the Local list of appearances in the Library tab of Visualize.  You may have also noticed that the installed version of the "SOLIDWORKS Appearances" folder is just a small subset.  Due to the sheer volume of this content, we didn't want to bloat the Visualize installer, and have instead put the rest of these new appearances on the Visualize Cloud Library.

Besides close to 700 new appearances, there are also some new textures that can be used, such as 3D Printed normal map, Foam textures, etc.

All of this content can now be downloaded directly from the Cloud, within the Libraries tab in the application. 

SWAppearancesInVisualize.png

All of these new appearances were created and saved in SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2017. They will work in Visualize 2017 as well as Visualize 2018. They will not work in Visualize 2016, so please update to also have access to all the latest features as well.

As a side note, I know many people are hoping to see us potentially map the core SOLIDWORKS appearances during import, to these newly created, artistically calibrated, Visualize specific appearances.  We have not done this yet , but I can say that improving the import in this way, is on our near-term radar as we continue to chip away at many new and enhanced features in Visualize.

Happy holidays!  And have fun #GettinVizzy.