I'd just query the vault database in Excel with your 'Approved for Release' being a condition of the query. Once you get going feel free to reach out to me or post on the forums for the relevant query. No need to push data - it's always there for pulling.
Lee CS Young's suggestion is a good way to go. A macro in Excel is powerful because you can use the PDM API.
Another simpler option to try, if all you need is a list:
To get a list of drawings in a folder structure:
- Create a Search Result column set containing all relevant values.
- Select the search result column set in a Search card.
- Search for .slddrw and state "Approved for Release" in the project folder
- Optional: save as Search Favorite, call it "Approved drawings in <ProjectName>" (next time just click on favorite and result is displayed immediately.
- Export result as CSV which will automatically open in Excel if installed
- Sort, filter and save as Excel sheet.
The simpler option is probably better for us. Most drawings will be for a very low quantity only.
Thank you for these great suggestions.
As soon as we are in a position to trial these methods, I will report back on our findings.