3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2017 4:41 PM by Alex Burnett

Macro to delete a note

Frédérik Drouin

I created a macro that create a note at a position in a drawing and then save this drawing as a PDF in the same folder, but now i want to delete this note after the save as PDF and i don't know how to delete it without selected it. Does anyone know how to do that ? Here is my code :

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set swModel = swApp.ActiveDoc

If (swModel Is Nothing) Then

MsgBox "No active file found in SolidWorks." & Chr(13) & Chr(13) _

& "Please load/activate a SolidWorks Drawing and TRY again!", vbExclamation

End

End If

If (swModel.GetType <> swDocDRAWING) Then

MsgBox "Current file is not a SolidWorks Drawing." & Chr(13) & Chr(13) _

& "Please Open/Activate a SolidWorks Drawing and TRY again!", vbExclamation

End

End If

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

Dim myModelView As Object

Set myModelView = Part.ActiveView

myModelView.FrameState = swWindowState_e.swWindowMaximized

Dim myNote As Object

Dim myAnnotation As Object

Dim myTextFormat As Object

Set myNote = Part.InsertNote("$PRP:""SW-Short Date(Short Date)""   TYPE YOUR TEXT HERE")

If Not myNote Is Nothing Then

myNote.LockPosition = False

myNote.Angle = 0

boolstatus = myNote.SetBalloon(0, 0)

Set myAnnotation = myNote.GetAnnotation()

If Not myAnnotation Is Nothing Then

longstatus = myAnnotation.SetLeader3(swLeaderStyle_e.swNO_LEADER, 0, True, False, False, False)

boolstatus = myAnnotation.SetPosition(1.18224818891099E-02, 7.61066835915902E-03, 0)

boolstatus = myAnnotation.SetTextFormat(0, True, myTextFormat)

End If

End If

Part.ClearSelection2 True

Part.WindowRedraw

Dim FilePath As String

Dim PathSize As Long

Dim PathNoExtention As String

Dim NewFilePath As String

FilePath = Part.GetPathName

PathSize = Strings.Len(FilePath)

PathNoExtention = Strings.Left(FilePath, PathSize - 6)

NewFilePath = PathNoExtention & "pdf"

Part.SaveAs2 NewFilePath, 0, True, False

End Sub

• Re: Macro to delete a note
          Matthew Cempa

I suspect that you need to select the note using (I'm just typing here so no intellisense to check my work):

dim myAnnotation as SldWorks.Annotation

set myAnnotation = myNote.GetAnnotation

myAnnotation.Select3 False, Nothing

Part.Extension.DeleteSelection2 1

It makes it a lot easier if you change the dim statements to the SolidWorks types rather than leaving them all as objects.  That way you get intellisense to help you with the proper arguments.  The idea above should get you going at least.

Alex Burnett

Matthew Cempa wrote:

I suspect that you need to select the note using (I'm just typing here so no intellisense to check my work):

dim myAnnotation as SldWorks.Annotation

set myAnnotation = myNote.GetAnnotation

myAnnotation.Select3 False, Nothing

Part.Extension.DeleteSelection2 1

It makes it a lot easier if you change the dim statements to the SolidWorks types rather than leaving them all as objects. That way you get intellisense to help you with the proper arguments. The idea above should get you going at least.

I have a project that does something similar. I select my annotation as you show but use swDraw.EditDelete() which removes my note. I'm not sure if they work the same way or not but I thought I'd chime in for the sake of expanding on your solution.

Nilesh Patel

Hi Frederik,

You can use IModelDocExtension::SelectByID2 method to select the note. You need to specify empty string at 'Name' parameter and 'Type' parameter as "NOTE' and location of the note which you have specified in the line 'boolstatus = myAnnotation.SetPosition(1.18224818891099E-02, 7.61066835915902E-03, 0)'. Then use IModelDoc2:EditDelete method to delete the note.

Another approach you can use it that once you have created the note, you can set the its name using INote::SetName method. Use IModelDocExtension::SelectByID2 method to select the note. But this time specify the 'Name' parameter as the name of your note. You can specify X, Y, Z as 0 in this case. Then use IModelDoc2:EditDelete method to delete the note.

Regards,

Nilesh