6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 12:12 PM by Glenn Schroeder Branched from an earlier discussion.

Saving Bodies and Keeping Properties

Rob Haman

Glenn,

What an excellent post for those of us hoping to learn as much as you know about SolidWorks. I would like to take #15 a little further and see if there is a work-around or something I am missing.

I've modeled a "practice" weldment to get a better handle on working with them. When saving the bodies, I gave each member a name consistent with the system I use at work, such as Detail A, Detail B, etc. When the member is placed on a sheet, neither the tree or the view references this name, only "Structural Member2 of Weldment". On a small weldment this isn't much of an issue, but on a larger one it opens the possibility of an error in manually naming each sheet.

I have tried using the Insert to New Part option while also creating an assembly but once created, the parts are no longer linked to the weldment - ie: changes aren't reflected in the parts or assembly and vise versa.

Thanks

Rob