2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 4:48 PM by Pete Jones

How to obtain a SOLIDWORKS WORKGROUP PDM VIEWER LICENSE

Pete Jones

We have a education license and all works quite well. Installed Explorer and Vault etc.

Anyway I would like to setup and use the WEB Client under IIS the problem being that a...

A Workgroup PDM Viewer license must be installed with the vault to enable the Viewer.

Anyone know how to request how to achieve this under the educational account limitations?

• Re: How to obtain a SOLIDWORKS WORKGROUP PDM VIEWER LICENSE
          Jeff Holliday

The Viewer license is a standalone product normally purchased thru your VAR (the vendor from whom SW was purchased). It provides for multiple users (I believe 5) to concurrently view the files in the Vault. It is not an inexpensive application - I think somewhere around $1000 with a yearly subscription fee (approx. $500).

I don't think it is available with the Student license.

• Re: How to obtain a SOLIDWORKS WORKGROUP PDM VIEWER LICENSE
              Pete Jones

Hi Jeff

thanks for the quick reply. I think you’re correct of course more’ the pity. I wonder what one receives on a commercial 30 day trial? You’d expect it to match the hype of the sales literature.

There is so much information but it’s not exactly clear what is actually included in the package until you install it. Some functionality gets loaded but not licensed. It would be useful for my formula student team to have that web access capability especially for the non engineering members.

Many thanks anyway.