5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2009 4:38 AM by Charley Leonard

Appearance Callout in SW09

Wayne Bird
      The Appearance callout option used to be able to be turned on and off under the View tab of the menu. In SW09 it's no longer there. Does anyone know where it went?

Thanks for your help,

Wayne
        • Appearance Callout in SW09
          Ron Bates
          Hi Wayne,

In 2009, the callouts are always available from the heads up toolbar when you select (either LMB or RMB) in the graphis area or RMB on the feature tree. The "heads up" toolbar that comes up has a button in the lower right that brings down an additinoal pop up displaying the callout information. Hope that answers the question for you.

Ron Bates
          Mgr Graphical Applications
          SolidWorks Corporation
              Wayne Bird
              Hello Ron,

Thanks for your help, but that's not what I'm talking about. In SW08 if I selected the "Appearance Callout" under the View tab of the menu bar then the appearance flag would be attached to the component that I selected in the model tree. I'm looking for where I can turn this flag on and off in SW09.

If anyone knows where it's at please let me know.

Thanks,

Wayne
              Charles Culp
              Wayne,

I don't believe that functionality still exists (?). Instead, right click on the surface, then click on the 4-color globe. This will give you the same listing that used to be part of the appearance flags.
                  Wayne Bird
                  Hello Charles,

I believe you're right -- it's gone in SW09. The real benefit to that feature was it allowed me to find a small part in a very large assy. It worked a lot better than the "zoom to" feature. Oh well, just another thing missing in SolidWorks.

Another feature that worked great in SW08 up to SP4 was the ability to highlight a part in the PDM Vault by selecting the name in the feature tree and the part would be selected in the vault. Every since SW08 SP5 this functionality ended, and not fixed in SW09. This feature still works in an assy or drw, but no longer works for parts -- go figure This was a feature I used all the time.

Again thanks,

Wayne
                      Charley Leonard

Wayne Bird wrote:

The real benefit to that feature was it allowed me to find a small part in a very large assy.

Wayne, does the Isolate command help you with this? Select a componet or several, either from the tree or the graphics area, right click on one of them, and choose "Isolate". All other components are temprorarilly hidden, until you click on "Exit Isolate". In the mean time, you can edit the visible parts & perform various other commands.