Seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a full-time/direct placement in Gunnison, Utah. This position will support new product development, R&D, sustaining engineering & design of next generation prosthetic feet, ankles, knees, and legs. The ideal candidate will possess prior knowledge of composites & carbon fiber materials related to medical devices, aerospace, or automotive designs, and prior experience working within a regulated design environment. Relocation assistance is available, and immigration sponsorship will also be considered.
- Ensure that new products are released on schedule with robust designs and acceptance testing methodologies that achieve cost objectives.
- Performs stress tests, analyzes data, and prepares reports.
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings and design specifications.
- Manufacturing line support as needed.
- Implement process and product changes using company change control process.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design and development.
- Proficient in 3D modeling software, preferably Solidworks and/or Catia
- Experience in design and manufacturing of composite materials.
- Knowledge of FDA regulatory requirements for the medical device industry.
- Ability to complete FEA on both component and assemblies, specifically non-linear analysis is preferred.
- Hydraulic actuator knowledge and experience a plus.
- Experience working in ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 environments.
To learn more, please visit: http://expectllc.com/