2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2017 7:35 PM by Josh Brady

Macro: Extruded Cut using Multiple Sketches

Seth Haddix

Hey all,

If I have multiple sketches (let's say 30 sketches) and I want to extrude cut all 30 of those sketches with one macro, how would I go about it?

Assume all sketches are randomly named, so we want the code to choose all existing sketches in that part or part folder.

Here is what I have so far:

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim Part As SldWorks.ModelDoc2

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("A1@Face-1@Toolbox", "SKETCH", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0)

Dim myFeature As Object

Set myFeature = Part.FeatureManager.FeatureCut4(True, False, True, 1, 0, 0.0127, 0.0127, False, False, False, False, 1.74532925199433E-02)

Part.SelectionManager.EnableContourSelection = False

End Sub

Thank you,

Seth

• Re: Macro: Extruded Cut using Multiple Sketches
          Alex Lachance

I don't really have much of a programation background but I know a thing or two. I havemy doubts that what you ask would be achievable, unless the sketches are all made parralel to the same plane and would be doing an extruded cut all in the same direction.

If you don't do an extruded cut through all you then you would need to parameterize each and single of the detected sketch.

Maybe I'm wrong on that though, I'd wait for someone with more knowledge then me to answer.

• Re: Macro: Extruded Cut using Multiple Sketches
            Josh Brady

You need to traverse the feature tree to find sketches instead of using SelectByID.  There are several examples in the API help... One of them actually looks for sketches.  It hides them rather than extruding them, but still pretty applicable.