2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 9:57 AM by Rick McDonald

Solidworks 2017 installation keeps failing at 8%, I collected logs but where do I send them?

Mike Chisholm

I have to say that it is horribly disappointing to have to take these types of questions to a forum when we pay thousands of dollars in support.  I am getting a persistent failure loading this software at 8%, I collected the logs, but there is nowhere to send them?  Has anyone else seen this error?  What can I do to get this software installed?

• Re: Solidworks 2017 installation keeps failing at 8%, I collected logs but where do I send them?
          Dave Bear

Hi Mike ,

Firstly, I would strongly suggest that you remove your attachment or edit it as it contains your SW registration key and people can use this for the wrong reasons.

With regards to the installation problem, as you rightly state, you are paying for support so use it. Contact your VAR (the agent you bought the software from and I'm sure they'll be able to assist you with the issue asap.

Dave.

• Re: Solidworks 2017 installation keeps failing at 8%, I collected logs but where do I send them?
            Rick McDonald

Mike,

Are you trying to install from a CD or Download?

If Download, are you directly installing as it is downloading or did you use the option to Download All files Only (install later)?

I have found (and many agree) that the best way (if you are downloading) is to do the Full download - all files (even if your don't think you need them all) - save that to a location on your hard drive and then install from that.  It is faster overall and you will have all the files.  if the install fails you also don't need to download again.

Sometimes your system might report that it has some files so they are not downloaded if you try to download and install at the same time, but maybe one of those files that your system has is corrupted or something and having the full download will have a current good copy of all the "Prerequisite" files.

What version are you trying to install?

Be sure your computer hardware and software are compatible (Windows 7 or above and 64 bit are probably the most important).

I have also heard that it is best to download the current files from the SolidWorks web site and not use from a supplied CD - the CD's files are not always current.