2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 8:34 AM by David Matula

Flag Note

David Matula

Having some hell with balloon in a drawing created by someone else.  Lots of fun.....I open the drawing and all the balloons go blank or loose the info in them and goes to a ?.

The strange thing is that we set these balloons up to be custom text so why would they ever need to have a leader that touches the part if we are not putting in a bom we just like the function of the stacking that we get with the balloons vs the text.

That brings me back to what I tell everyone to do is to start reading the screen.  So as I am going about and showing leaders and watching the custom text change to a "?" attaching the leader to the part somewhere, then making the text say what it was supposed to be..... I see

Flag notes...?   so I try to do this...cant get it to work.  Go to the help file that must have been written by COL. Flag from the MASH.

Least to say not very impressed with this functionality for what I am trying to get done.  Back to attaching leaders to parts so that the text does not turn to a Question mark when you open the file.

• Re: Flag Note
          Matthew Lorono

Flag notes aren't for identifying item numbers in conjunction with a BOM.  They are meant to be used with your General Notes that are formated using SOLIDWORKS' paragraph tools.

As far a the question mark on a balloon that shows your item number, these are designed to show nothing when they are attached to nothing.  There's lots of ways these balloons are used to achieve your goals.  I might suggest contacting your VAR to ask them how these tools function.  You may either find a workflow for current functionality or actual tool to accomplish your desired results.